Need to talk to our team?
Get in touch
Before looking at land, going to an architect, or looking at floorplans, focus on finding a good builder. If linked in at the start of your journey they can offer you insightful advice, help you to find the right section, design a floorplan to your needs and help you to maximise your budget.
• Understand the process and ensure you feel informed and confident. You’re not expected to know all the questions to ask, which can feel vulnerable. A good builder understands this and will offer answers to all your questions, including those you don’t know to ask yet.
• Set realistic budget expectations and not try to win your business on price. It’s easy to be a hero on the day you sign your contract, it's a lot harder to be the hero on handover day when the home has come in on time and budget.
• Find a section that will work for your budget, timeframe, and the home you want to build. They will be able to advise you on any factors, such as earthwork requirements, that could become costly and mean you have less budget for your build.
• Explore design options and help you create a bespoke floorplan suited to your budget and lifestyle.
• Source all the information you need to make an informed decision upfront. Geotech reports, earthwork allowances, underground services, electrical – there’s a lot to go through and should result in a decent piece of paperwork. If not, and they’ve used generic allowances for things like earthworks, that could be red flag they haven’t done their due diligence.
• Classic Builders has been around for more than 26 years now and is one of the largest, privately owner residential builders in New Zealand.
• We pride ourselves on the superior service we provide, creating the most compelling experience for our clients.
• We offer the most comprehensive pre-construction assessment on the market. This provides our clients with a full site evaluation, a detailed set of site plans and a bespoke floorplan which enables us to be price competitive with nothing hidden upfront. This is a free service we provide.
• Our process has been fine-tuned; we do what we do extremely well. Our reputation is a testament to our in-depth knowledge of the market and our client-centric approach.
It costs nothing to get started, so why not pop in for a chat today? We’d love to hear from you. Find your nearest location here.