Classic Group aims to make a difference in people’s lives by supporting community-based projects. Classic Group is the umbrella company for entities Classic Builders, CBC Construction and Classic Developments.
As part of the community, Classic Group recognises that it has the ability to help local organisations and groups achieve their objectives and goals by assisting with sponsorship. We support activities that benefit not only the organisation but also the community by creating long term relationships.
We are proud to have assisted the following organisations:
- Good Neighbour Community Garden, Bay of Plenty
- Memorial Park Miniature Railway Trains, Bay of Plenty
- Lifezone Church Community Trailer, Bay of Plenty
- Base Up Omokoroa Coastal Challenge, Bay of Plenty
- Onerahi Sky Tower Challenge, Northland
- Pararua Bay School Quiz Night Fundraiser, Northland
- Hobsonville HOMELINK Road Safety School Programme, Auckland
- Mount Maunganui Primary School, Bay of Plenty
- Aquinas College FC 1st XI Kanga Cup Tour, Bay of Plenty
- Aquinas College Football Club Race Night Meeting, Bay of Plenty
- Tauranga Boys' College Vanuatu Rebuild Team Trip, Bay of Plenty
- Tauranga Girls College Rowing Club
- St Mary’s School Wheelbarrow Race Fundraiser, Bay of Plenty
- Pillans Point School House T-shirts, Bay of Plenty
- Pillans Point School Family Fun Run Relay, Bay of Plenty
- Oropi School Calf Club and Pet Day, Bay of Plenty
- Welcome Bay Kindergarten Annual Quiz Night Fundraiser, Bay of Plenty
- Shotover Primary School Bucket Hats, Queenstown, Otago
- Homes of Hope - Electrical work, Bay of Plenty
- MORE FM Mount Everest Challenge supporting Homes of Hope, Bay of Plenty
- Radio Network Special Children’s Christmas Party, Bay of Plenty and Waikato
- Ride 4 KidsCan
- IHC Smile Club
- Whangarei Boys High School 1st XV Rugby team, Northland
- Hockey Northland, Northland
- Sacred Heart College Cricket Golf Day, Auckland
- Cooney Lees Morgan Golf Tournament, Bay of Plenty
- Mount Monster, Bay of Plenty
- Canoe Slalom BOP, Bay of Plenty
- Omokoroa Coastal Challenge, Western Bay of Plenty
- Omokoroa Bowling Club, Western Bay of Plenty
- Ngaruawahia United AFC, Waikato
- Cambridge Golf Club, Waikato
- Tamahere School Golf Day, Waikato
- Shorebreak Aquatics - Consists of three races over Summer, Bay of Plenty:
1. Team Shorebreak Ocean Swim Series
2. Bridge to Bridge Swim (Murray Dingle Memorial Swim)
3. Round the Mount Swim
- Queenstown Ice Hockey Club, Queenstown, Otago.
Some important things to consider before applying for sponsorship:
- Organisations that apply must be:
- an incorporated society, or
- a registered charitable trust, or
- a body or club that is controlled by an association of people under an adopted constitution and rules, with annual accounts and reports.
- This may include, but is not limited to, projects that
- contribute to community health and wellbeing - Any organisation with projects that assist in raising education levels will be considered.
- promote education and learning - The health and wellbeing of our communities is vital. Any organisation with projects that encourage physical activity, healthy living or general wellbeing will be considered.
- create productive and prosperous communities.
- Organisations need to demonstrate how sponsorship will help them to carry out their project(s) and achieve their goals. Where demand is high, priority will be given to those organisations who demonstrate how their project will deliver specific benefits to the community to meet a current need in the region.
- Your application needs to be for a specific project or event. Priority will be given to projects or events that align with our Classic Group Sponsorship Policy, for the benefit of the communities in that area.
- Applications will be received and considered during two rounds within the financial year (01 April to 31 March) as follows:
- Round 1: 1-28 February.
- Round 2: 1-31 August.
- Applications received outside of these dates will not be accepted.
- Applications will only be accepted online, through completion of the sponsorship form.
- You will receive notification of your success within four weeks of the close off date (for example: Round 1, by 28 March, Round 2 by 28 September).
Groups that we consider our target audience
- We primarily focus on supporting community-wide events that reach and support many people.
- We will consider proposals from all local community groups and organisations. Our preference is to support sports/club organisations, schools, kindergartens, community improvement groups (eg. environmental) and charitable organisations who are not for profit.
- What constitutes ‘local’ will be at the discretion of Classic Group, but generally means the immediate vicinity in which our business operates.
- We welcome applications from community groups; however, we generally don’t support individuals or families. We do not support political organisations, research funding religious organisations or commercial entities.
Please ensure you read our Classic Group Sponsorship Policy, Conditions and Guidelines before submitting your application via the online form.